Monday, November 24, 2008

A Tweetable Creed

I came accross an interesting challenge and decided to take it up. In his blog, Lingamish, David Ker asks readers "Can you write a meme in less than 140 characters, the equivalent of a Twitter 'tweet,' that results in a statement that every Christian could confess?"

Hows this (taken from 1 Corinthians 15) ...

I beleive that Christ died for my sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day as the firstborn among many brothers, of which He has made me one.


2 Comments:

  • Twitter says you're 50 characters over! It's a good verse though.

    By Blogger David Ker, At November 24, 2008 at 7:24 PM  

  • Correct you are, David. I think I can shave terms like "I believe" and "that." If forced to (though I lament it) I suppose references to the 3-day burial can be trimmed. So, here it is down to 134 characters.

    "Christ died for my sins according to the Scriptures and was raised as the firstborn among many brothers, of which He has made me one."

    By Blogger Unknown, At November 25, 2008 at 7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]